Thursday, March 1, 2018

February 26- March 9th

We are done with the practice STAAR. YAY! The kids did such a great job. They took their time and used their strategies. I think they were shocked in how boring it was after the test. LOL. 

Reading
We will finish up our book clubs next week. I'm hoping to finish our shared read aloud. "How to Steal a Dog". I'm loving this book and the kids are too. 
During reader's workshop, I plan to start reviewing the STAAR test with the students. This will go into the end of March. 

Writing
I am so impressed to see how the kids writing has grown this year. When I think about the first story they wrote at the beginning of the year to now.... WOW! The kids are saying things like, "You're story needs more tension or Let's build the character here" The students are able to notice this in the books we read. I encourage you when you're reading with your child, to ask them what they think/or notice about the writing. Students are finishing up their story. We will work on typing them if time permits.

Spelling: Spelling words will be passed out next week. The test will be after spring break. 

Social Studies
We are learn about Todd Beamer next week. We will read about him together and then answer some questions in whole group. 

Have a great Spring Break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment